- Our Club
- Club Policies
- Sign In
Indoor Training At Amersham School
Junior Indoor Training starts again on Saturday 11th January
The venue is:
The Amersham School
The courses will run from 11th January to 8th February inclusive
For U11s and below - These will run from 2pm - 4pm each week ( school Y 6 and younger)
For U12s – U14s - These will run from 4pm - 6pm each week (School Years 7-9)
Both courses will focus on skills and having fun, mixing matches, drills and nets.
All courses are available to both girls and boys
The course for U11s and below will cover:
- Fundamental shots – front foot drive, back foot drive, cut and pull
- For those more able, possibly moving on to other shots – on drive, leg glance, sweep, reverse sweep.
- ensuring the fundamentals of an effective, repeatable and safe action
- For those more able, the development of specific styles – swing and seam, finger spin, wrist spin
- Fielding – the basics of ground fielding, catching and communication/organisation in the field
The course for U12s and above will cover:
- Progression from the fundamental shots, to cover on drive, leg glance, sweep, reverse sweep.
- Quicker bowlers – tactics, developing more pace, swing bowling, hitting the seam and slower balls
- Spin bowlers – the stock ball and tactics, developing variations
- Fielding – reinforcing the basics of ground fielding, catching and communication/organisation in the field, and then moving on to slip fielding
Payment and admin
Please book using the Indoor Training Booking Form
The cost is £40 for the 5 week course.
Attendance for all 5 sessions is not required. There will be progression, but if a player misses a week, he/she will not be at any disadvantage for the next week.
We have previously charged £10 a session, but that has proved impossible to administer effectively.
The aim is simply to recover the costs of hiring the hall.
Please pay by bank transfer before the course starts. No cash to coaches please!
Acc No: 44652011
Sort Code: 60-01-15
Ref: ‘Child's Name AS’ e.g ‘N Kerry AS’
Open to non-members
These courses are open to non-members, but non-members must register and also provide us with contact details.
So do recommend these to your friends!
Any questions please contact Andy Thompson