- Our Club
- Club Policies
- Sign In
Indoor Training At Amersham School
Indoor Training starts on Saturday 4 – 6 PM 9 November – 14 December inclusive
The venue is the Amersham School Stanley Hill, Amersham HP7 9HH
Two separate courses
- For U11s and below
- For U12s – U14s
(age groups for 2020 season – i.e. age on 1 September 2019)
The 2 groups will share this very large and dividable hall, but the courses are separate, with separate coaches. This will allow movement between groups according to ability, and assist parents with children in both groups.
Both courses will focus on skills and having fun, mixing matches, drills and nets.
The course for U11s and below will cover:
- Fundamental shots – front foot drive, back foot drive, cut and pull
- For those more able, possibly moving on to other shots – on drive, leg glance, sweep, reverse sweep.
- ensuring the fundamentals of an effective, repeatable and safe action
- For those more able, the development of specific styles – swing and seam, finger spin, wrist spin
- Fielding – the basics of ground fielding, catching and communication/organisation in the field
The course for U12s and above will cover:
- Progression from the fundamental shots, to cover on drive, leg glance, sweep, reverse sweep.
- Quicker bowlers – tactics, developing more pace, swing bowling, hitting the seam and slower balls
- Spin bowlers – the stock ball and tactics, developing variations
- Fielding – reinforcing the basics of ground fielding, catching and communication/organisation in the field, and then moving on to slip fielding
Payment and admin
Please book using the Indoor Training Booking Form
Note that you don’t have to fill out the dates of attendance, but if you know your son/daughter can’t attend on a particular date, it helps us to know.
The cost is £50 for the 6 week course.
Attendance for all 6 sessions is not required. There will be progression, but if a player misses a week, he/she will not be at any disadvantage for the next week.
We have previously charged £10 a session, but that has proved impossible to administer effectively.
The aim is simply to recover the costs of hiring the hall.
Please pay by bank transfer before the course starts. No cash to coaches please!
Acc No: 44652011
Sort Code: 60-01-15
Ref: ‘Child's Name AS’ e.g ‘N Kerry AS’
Open to non-members
These courses are open to non-members, but non-members must register and also provide us with contact details.
So do recommend these to your friends!